Firmware Developer (m/f/d)
Zendar GmbH is a German subsidiary of the US company Zendar Inc. Zendar is working on high resolution radar sensors for autonomous driving. The German site has been founded this year and our team is growing.
We are looking for an experienced SW developer with embedded SW experience background. We are working with TI RF chips (AWRxxx series) in the frontend and Nvidia processor on our central processing unit.
The location of our office would be Wangen/Germany (ZIP 88239).
- Development of the firmware on the radar head either on
- discrete microcontroller or
- integrated in the RF chip or
- SW interface to central processing unit over COM
(e.g. FPD-link, Ethernet, …)
- Development of SW on central processing unit which cooperates with the firmware on the sensor (current platform is Nvidia based)
- Functional safety monitors on radar head/remote on central processing unit
- Development of SW for series test
- 5+ years experience with high-performance embedded systems
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++
- Experience working with bare-metal MCU firmware
- Experience developing device drivers and kernel modules
- Ability to define architectures and communicate them to a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to root-cause problems
- Experience with automotive sensors
- Experience with safety-critical environments
- Experience with Linux for embedded systems or RTOSes
- German communication skills
What we offer
- Opportunity to make an impact at a young, venture-backed company in an emerging market
- flexible working hours and location
e.g. In the office 2...3 days per week, home office during the other time !
- International team spirit since we work closely together with our colleagues in the Berkeley office (San Francisco).