UX / UI Designer - maternity leave (m/f/d)
We're looking for a UX/UI Designer (m/f/d) from December 1st 2021 as maternity leave cover for the period of 1 year.
Clean and affordable energy for all is one of the greatest challenges of our time. Headquartered in the Bavarian energy village of Wildpoldsried, sonnen GmbH wants to enable all people to determine their own energy future. That means, among other things, the inexpensive production and storage of renewable energy and the intelligent networking of producers and consumers. sonnen thereby gives people around the world the opportunity to become independent of fossil fuels and conventional energy supplier.
At sonnen, we are building the energy system of the future. An energy system in which electricity is clean and people are the focus. To this end, we are developing new technologies and business models that have not existed before. Whether intelligent power storage, virtual power plants or digital services - we set the trends of a new energy world. This creates space for innovation, creativity, passion and personal development opportunities in a rapidly growing company.
- Develop new features for our partner portals and much more
- Collaborate with team members from different backgrounds such as developers, data scientists, business innovation managers, industrial engineers and fellow designers to develop holistic solutions for our customers
- User-centred design research as the foundation for developing new features and improving existing ones
- Conduct behavioural analysis, user requirements analysis, task analysis and usability testing
- Analyze, synthesize, validate and communicate research findings and conceptual ideas
- Create low and high fidelity prototypes that communicate concept or design to our users and stakeholders
- Trend scouting of the latest developments and best practices in the field of user experience design
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, HMI, Information Design, Graphic Design, New Media, Design Thinking or another comparable degree
- 2 years of experience in the field of UX, UI Design or Usability Testing are beneficial
- Fluency in working with design tools – Sketch (our preferred tool), Flinto, Adobe CC, Invision, Marvel, Principle
- You’re able to deal with complex questions but still communicate in clear and simple ways
- You work best in a team-based environment. You support and inspire your team through collaboration as well as direction, vision, design process toolset and well-founded decisions thanks to your research and testing
- You are an excellent communicator to hold up and spread ideas and visions within the company and are able to speak our customer's language
- Fluent in German and English
- You are eager to find the solutions for the needs and pains of our customers
- You have the courage to make decisions and you’re not afraid to fail early and experience different ways to reach the goal
- You already know and are looking for agile working environments
- You are flexible, optimistic and open-minded
What you can expect:
At sonnen you will experience an international environment in a fast-growing and innovative company in the renewable energy industry sector. Due to our young corporate culture and the short decision-making processes, you can really make a difference with us!
We offer an atmosphere of openness, tolerance and mutual respect. Join us and help us with our vision of clean and affordable energy for all. Share with us the passion for clean energy and new technologies.
Look forward to: Flexible work hours, up to 32 vacation days, yoga and fitness classes, company bike and more. If you want to learn more about our benefits, please take a closer look at our homepage.
sonnen - energy is yours!