Junior Data Engineer (m/w/d)
At the earliest date possible we are looking for support for our #teamsonnen
Clean and affordable energy for all is one of the greatest challenges of our time. Headquartered in the Bavarian energy village of Wildpoldsried, sonnen GmbH wants to enable all people to determine their own energy future. That means, among other things, the inexpensive production and storage of renewable energy and the intelligent networking of producers and consumers. sonnen thereby gives people around the world the opportunity to become independent of fossil fuels and conventional energy supplier.
At sonnen, we are building the energy system of the future. An energy system in which electricity is clean and people are the focus. To this end, we are developing new technologies and business models that have not existed before. Whether intelligent power storage, virtual power plants or digital services - we set the trends of a new energy world. This creates space for innovation, creativity, passion and personal development opportunities in a rapidly growing company.
We are searching for a Junior Data Engineer to strengthen our technical engineering expertise in our Advanced Data Analytics team. The team is a top-level expert team within the technology unit of the sonnen group. In close collaboration with sonnen’s functional units we develop new business and product relevant data analytics and services to serve our customer with smart solution and in-depth advanced business insights.
- You develop data set processes on our AWS big data platform including common open source tools and technologies.
- You develop, construct, test and maintain data services based on energy times-series and business data.
- You built data pipelines for machine learning and advanced data analytics use cases.
- You identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- You support to align our big data architecture with business requirements.
- You use various programming language and tools.
- You successfully finished your master's degree in Computer Science, Informatics or Information Systems.
- You understand the concept of queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- You gained first experiences of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- You have a profound skills with object-oriented/object function scripting languages, e.g. Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- You have worked with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- You have initial experience in containerization technologies and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- You made first experiences with AWS cloud services, like EC2, Glue, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- You gained first experiences working with common cloud applications (AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud) and other framework technologies (e.g. Spark, S3, Airflow, Kafka).
What you can expect:
At sonnen you will experience an international environment in a fast-growing and innovative company in the renewable energy industry sector. Due to our young corporate culture and the short decision-making processes, you can really make a difference with us!
We offer an atmosphere of openness, tolerance and mutual respect. Join us and help us with our vision of clean and affordable energy for all. Share with us the passion for clean energy and new technologies.
Look forward to: Flexible work hours, up to 32 vacation days, yoga and fitness classes, company bike and more. If you want to learn more about our benefits, please take a closer look at: Our Benefits
sonnen - energy is yours!