Global EHS ans Sustainability Specialist (m/f/d)
In a world increasingly focused on how humans can responsibly live within our environment, OTT HydroMet is on the frontlines, creating the critical water and weather solutions that ensure a safer future for us all. By partnering with our customers around the world, we help detect floods, make solar power more efficient, protect the environment, and ultimately save lives.
OTT HydroMet is proud to be one of Veralto's Water Quality companies. At Veralto, we are committed to the advancement of public health and safety and believe we are positioned to support our customers as they address large global challenges including environmental resource sustainability, water scarcity, management of severe weather events, food and pharmaceutical security, and the impact of an aging workforce.
Safeguarding the World’s Most Vital Resources™. At Veralto, that’s our unifying purpose and a strategic priority for our organization. Sustainability, then, is core to our unifying purpose.
If you thrive in making a positive impact on the world in a high-expectations environment where challenging the status quo and driving continuous improvement is the way of life - then we are the company for you. We are seeking a Global EHS and Sustainability Specialist (m/f/d) who is passionate about leading EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) and sustainability initiatives at our production sites and who will create strong partnerships with the management team surrounding EHS culture and a focus in sustainability.
The Global EHS and Sustainability Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing site specific EHS programs in compliance with global and country specific statutory requirements incl. requirements of the Corporate EHS Department. This position is part of our Global Quality and EHS function located in one of our sites: Fellbach (Germany) or Delft (The Netherlands). The role requires frequent travel to our sites in Germany (Kempten and Fellbach), the Netherlands (Delft) and US (Sterling).
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement the overall strategy for occupational health and safety, environmental protection and sustainability (also according to global specifications)
- Cooperate with the local teams and implement the requirements of authorities, professional associations and insurance companies as well as the Corporate EHS Department
- Provide timely and accurate submission of necessary reports to the company and regulatory agencies
- Implement the safety, health and environmental policy in accordance with the legal requirements and the existing safety and environmental management systems as well as documentation
- Prepare work instructions and documents relevant to the safety and environmental management system
- Develop, implement and maintain the EHS management system according to required standards and specifications (ISO 14001, ISO 45001)
- Identify and implement all necessary organizational and technical EHS requirements
- Ensure that all sites have adequate and up-to-date systems in place at all times, documented in the management manual and internal procedures (such as process descriptions, work and inspection instructions)
- Plan, participate and implement internal audits and certifications and support the function leads in the preparation of risk assessments
- Coordinate EHS trainings for employees and conduct instructor-led EHS trainings
- Make impact at Gemba to drive high level of Safety culture. Provide leadership to plant associates to incorporate continuous improvement principles and techniques
- Actively participate in the improvement of processes by contributing opportunities for improvement
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or other applicable fields
- 5+ years’ experience in an Environmental Health & Safety ( EHS ) related field of a discrete manufacturing company
- Working knowledge of EHS regulations (such as OHSA, DGUV, RIE), policies, programs, PPE, incident investigation procedures and operating rules required.
- Professional communication style in English (German is a plus)
- Willingness to travel up to 50% to other Company locations in Germany, the Netherlands and US
- Experience in Sustainability is a plus
We are looking forward to your application: Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)
Art des Abschlusses
- 5 - 10 Jahre Berufserfahrung